If you have kids, you already know how important your choice of flooring is. From spills to thrown toys to running and playing, there are many reasons why choosing the right flooring is essential for a playroom.
And while carpet is a common and affordable choice for playrooms, it can be difficult and time-consuming to clean – so what options are left? Enter peel-and-stick tiles and temporary flooring! This guide to playroom flooring covers peel-and-stick tiles and other temporary options to preserve your flooring underneath while providing a stylish, practical, and affordable solution for your family. Let’s get started!
WHY CHOOSE PEEL AND STICK TILES FOR PLAYROOM FLOORING?
Choosing peel-and-stick tiles for playroom flooring is one of the easiest ways to upgrade your existing flooring. Let’s take a look at why you should choose peel-and-stick tiles for your playroom floor.
Easy to Install
When you have kids, time is of the essence for getting projects done. Cling Tiles’ peel-and-stick tiles are quick and easy to install, making them perfect for busy households.
Here’s how to install Cling Tiles in your playroom:
- Clean the Area: Sweep and mop your playroom floor to remove dust, dirt, and debris. Allow the surface to dry before installing.
- Decide Layout: You can install your floor left to right, top to bottom, or diagonally. Most installations look best with the long side of the flooring parallel to the long side of the room. You can begin your installation along a straight wall or from the center of the room.
- Measure and Cut: Once you have determined the layout that best suits your playroom, measure and cut your peel-and-stick flooring to fit. Use a utility knife and carpenters square or straight edge or a pair of heavy-duty scissors to do the job.
- Cut and Snap Flooring to Fit: Mark the flooring length for end cuts. Score the flooring with a utility knife. Then bend the flooring along the cut 180 degrees and snap them together to separate. You may also need to cut the foam and release the line to separate.
- Remove the Protective Covering: You can remove the protective coating from the backside of each tile before installation or peel back 6″ to 10″ and have the end of the release liner come out from under the side of the floor. Once you have the exposed end of the flooring positioned, continue to remove the release line while keeping the floor in position.
- Place the Tile: Finally, place each tile onto the area where you want to install it and press it firmly. Done!
Depending on the room’s square footage, the average floor renovation costs anywhere from $1,500 to $4,500 in the US. Hardwood flooring is the most expensive option, with the average cost of installation being $10 per square foot or more.
Cling Tiles peel and stick wood effect planks, and panel tiles cost an average of $3.99 per square foot when purchasing a box of 36 square feet. This gives a gorgeous hardwood floor or concrete effect without the price tag that comes along with it!
One of the best aspects of peel-and-stick tiles is their durability. Whether you own or rent your home, you do not want to worry about scratched or ruined hardwood floors. Cling Tiles are scratch resistant, making them the perfect choice for a hardwood look without the damage.
Variety of Colors and Patterns
Peel and stick tiles come in various colors and patterns, so you are guaranteed to find an option that fits your playroom style. Whether you’re looking for a cool Coconut Cream or a Rich Chocolate, you can find a color to suit your (and your kid’s!) taste.
Easy to Clean
Being easy to clean is one of the most important aspects of a playroom floor. Cling Tiles are 100% waterproof and can be cleaned with any cleaning product that contains a fairly neutral pH (including a Swiffer!). You don’t even need to worry about waxing or buffing your tiles.
MORE TEMPORARY FLOORING OPTIONS FOR PLAYROOM
Are you looking for more temporary flooring options? Let’s take a look at some alternate options that can be used to protect your flooring.
Foam mats are a common method of protecting your flooring against wear and tear caused by pets and playing. And while foam mats can also be used as a soft layer of protection against hard floors, they are not damage resistant and are only moderately easy to clean.
Area rugs are another great way to protect and transform your flooring. Area rugs can be purchased in just about every pattern and color under the sun, guaranteeing that you will find something to fit your playroom. It’s essential to keep in mind that rugs are not only expensive depending on the size but are not easy to clean. This makes an area rug a temporary solution that will eventually have to be dry-cleaned or replaced altogether.
If you’d prefer carpet for your playroom, you can install carpet tiles as a cheap and easy alternative to installing a roll of carpet. While carpet tiles work for a quick and easy fix, they also tend to have a non-uniform appearance and fraying or loose fibers once they start receiving foot traffic.
IS PEEL AND STICK FLOORING THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR MY CHILD’S PLAYROOM?
If you’re looking for an affordable, easy-to-clean, and high-quality solution for your playroom flooring, then Cling Tiles are almost certainly the right choice! On top of being renter-friendly, pet friendly, and yes – child friendly! – our peel and stick tiles contain zero smell, zero phthalates and are 100% recyclable virgin vinyl. You can not only be certain that Cling Tiles are safe for your children but are also safe for the environment.
Browse our selection of peel-and-stick tiles today to start transforming your child’s playroom – the whole family will thank you!