Your bathroom is one of the most important rooms in your home, where you can relax and unwind after a long day. And while having a functional bathroom is a big priority, making sure it’s stylish and a place you enjoy being in is essential.
This article will discuss the best waterproof DIY bathroom flooring options that add style to your bathroom while remaining practical and easy to install. Let’s take a look!
What Is Waterproof Flooring and Why Do You Need It For Bathrooms?
Waterproof flooring is a type of flooring that is designed to resist moisture and water, which makes it an ideal option for areas prone to high humidity - like bathrooms!
Waterproof flooring can be made from vinyl, laminate, ceramic tile, cork, rubber, linoleum, or any combination of these materials. These materials are highly durable, easy to clean and maintain and come in various colors and designs that suit any style.
Here are some benefits of waterproof flooring for bathrooms:
- Durability: Waterproof flooring is highly durable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear, making it ideal for high-traffic areas like bathrooms. For example, vinyl tiles are waterproof, scratch-resistant, and easy to clean.
- Low Maintenance: Waterproof flooring is low maintenance. Unlike other types of flooring, it doesn't require regular sealing or waxing as it's naturally resistant to water damage and mold growth. It also won't need to be replaced as often, making it an economical choice in the long run.
- Safety: DIY bathroom flooring can provide extra protection against slips and falls, making it an excellent option for homes with small children or older adults who may be more prone to accidents. Choosing a textured design can also help reduce slipping while still providing some grip.
Trendy Waterproof Flooring Options for Bathrooms
If you're looking to revamp your bathroom's decor and give it a modern edge, flooring is one of the best places to start. The right flooring can completely transform a bathroom, making it look stylish and inviting.
Vinyl is one of the most popular waterproof flooring options for bathrooms. It's long-lasting, durable, and relatively affordable, making it an ideal choice for any homeowner on a budget. Vinyl is available in various styles and colors to suit any aesthetic. Plus, it's easy to maintain and can be cleaned with a mop or damp cloth.
2. Ceramic Tile
Ceramic tile is another waterproof bathroom flooring option that looks great in bathrooms. It has a high-end look and is available in various shapes, sizes, and colors to fit any style. Additionally, ceramic tile is resistant to water damage, so it won't stain or warp over time. However, ceramic tile can be more expensive than other flooring types, so it may not be the best choice for homeowners on a tight budget.
3. Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring is another great waterproof option for bathroom floor tile. It's durable and resistant to water damage, making it an excellent choice for areas prone to moisture and humidity. Laminate flooring is also relatively inexpensive, making it a perfect budget-friendly option.
4. Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
Luxury vinyl plank flooring is another great waterproof option for bathrooms. It looks like natural wood but offers superior water resistance and durability. Also, luxury vinyl plank flooring comes in various styles and colors, making it easy to find a style that fits your bathroom's decor.
5. Engineered Wood Flooring
Engineered wood flooring is an option if you want the look of hardwood in your bathroom without all the maintenance. It's made from natural wood but features a waterproof finish, making it highly resistant to water damage. Engineered wood flooring also comes in various styles and colors, so you may find one that fits your bathroom aesthetic.
What Makes Vinyl Peel and Stick Floor Tiles the Best Choice for Bathroom Flooring?
Vinyl peel-and-stick floor tiles are an excellent option for bathroom flooring because they offer several advantages over other types of flooring. These include:
- Renter Friendly- Vinyl peel-and-stick tiles are an excellent option for renters because they can be installed quickly and removed easily when moving out.
- Pet-Friendly- Cling peel-and-stick tiles are also pet friendly, as they're resistant to scratches and pet accidents. For example, if you have a pet that occasionally has accidents in the bathroom, these bathroom tiles are easy to clean and won't absorb any liquid.
- No Adhesive Required- Unlike other types of flooring, our peel-and-stick tiles don't require adhesive. They use a strong adhesive backing that sticks to the subfloor, making installation quick and easy.
- Waterproof- Vinyl peel-and-stick tiles are waterproof, so they won't be damaged by water spills or humidity. This makes them an ideal option for bathrooms and other moisture-prone areas.
- Zero-smell- Cling Tiles are also zero-smell, so they won't emit unpleasant odors. This helps keep your bathroom smelling fresh and clean.
- Zero Phthalates- Phthalates are toxic chemicals that can be released from some types of flooring and are dangerous to humans. Cling Tiles are free of phthalates and other harmful substances, so they're safe for your home.
- 100% Recyclable Virgin Vinyl- Cling Tiles are made from 100% recyclable virgin vinyl, making them eco-friendly.
How To Install Waterproof Flooring In Your Bathroom
Installing DIY bathroom flooring in your bathroom is a great way to add style, functionality, and protection from water damage. Here are the steps for installing waterproof flooring:
- Clean the Area: Sweep and mop your bathroom floor to remove any dirt and debris.
- Measure and Cut: Once you have determined the size of your bathroom, measure and cut your waterproof flooring accordingly. You can use a utility knife or a pair of commercial-grade scissors to do the job.
- Bend and Nap: Gently bend the flooring strips to form a 90-degree angle and snap them together.
- Remove the Protective Covering: You should remove the protective coating on the backside of each tile before installation.
- Place the Tile: Finally, place each tile onto the area where you want to install it and press it firmly.
With these steps in mind, you can easily install waterproof flooring in your bathroom. Consider adding stylish materials like vinyl tiles or luxury vinyl flooring to enhance the decor of your space.
Waterproof flooring is ideal for areas prone to splashes, spills, and humidity. When properly installed, it can provide lasting protection from water damage while creating a beautiful and functional bathroom space.
Choose Cling Tiles For Your DIY Bathroom Flooring
Browse our website for the best peel-and-stick waterproof flooring ideas for your bathroom. At Cling Tiles, our peel-and-stick tiles are designed to protect your floors from spills and leaks without sacrificing style.
Plus, our peel-and-stick tiles are easier to install than traditional flooring and can be done in a few hours. With Cling Tiles, you can have a beautiful and functional bathroom floor that lasts many years.